Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Podcasts & RSS Feeds
On Point on Wyoming Public Radio
On Point unites distinct and provocative voices with passionate discussion as it confronts the stories that are at the center of what is important in the world today. Leaving no perspective unchallenged, On Point digs past the surface and into the core of a subject, exposing each of its real world implications.
Each hour of the broadcast opens with a news brief analyzing the day's biggest stories, followed by an in-depth conversation decoding a single topic with newsmakers, thinkers, and callers, and closes with compelling personal reactions to news and important issues, including radio diaries, excerpts from speeches, or special series segments.
Host Tom Ashbrook combines his journalistic instincts with a listener's openness and curiosity -- focusing on the relevant topics and deconstructing issues along with the audience. News analyst Jack Beatty, Senior Editor at The Atlantic Monthly, also guides the program by providing his own unique perspective to the conversation.