Most Active Stories
- Pollutants detected in water wells in Sublette County’s gas fields
- New Northern Arapaho Business Council resolves to fix tribe’s poor financial management
- Wyoming may have missed the Uranium boom
- New lead in the disappearance of Amy Wroe Bechtel
- Wyoming Judicial Branch says there’s nothing left to cut.
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Mon November 26, 2012
Wyoming judge to hear arguments in Y Cross suit
Two university foundations have asked a judge to dismiss a lawsuit that is holding up their plans to sell a ranch.
Laramie County District Judge Thomas Campbell is scheduled to hear arguments in the dismissal request Tuesday.
Amy Davis donated the Y Cross Ranch to the University of Wyoming Foundation and Colorado State University Research Foundation in 1997. She filed suit in September, saying the two foundations haven't honored her intent that they use the ranch as a site for hands-on teaching.
University officials say the 50,000-acre ranch between Cheyenne and Laramie hasn't been a good place to teach agriculture students, and that the sale will honor Davis' gift by funding scholarships.
The foundations intended to sell the ranch this month but postponed the sale until the lawsuit is resolved.