Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Thu August 11, 2005
White Powder Closes Post Office
Laramie, Wy – A suspicious white powder closed the main
post office in Cheyenne.
Initial tests showed that the substance was probably harmless.
The powder was found on the floor of the post office around 2:20
this afternoon (Thursday). Crews were sent inside to test and
collect the powder, and 60 or so employees were kept inside until
the building reopened around 4:45.
A biohazard detection system was installed at the post office in
In February, suspicious powder in a packet that arrived in the
mail prompted the evacuation of an office at Little America Hotel
and Resort in Cheyenne.
In October, three letters threatening the governor and
containing powder were sent to the Cheyenne newspaper. A fourth
letter was sent to a local television station.