Most Active Stories
- Pollutants detected in water wells in Sublette County’s gas fields
- New Northern Arapaho Business Council resolves to fix tribe’s poor financial management
- The Wind River Casino is doing well, but some tribal members expect more
- Wyoming may have missed the Uranium boom
- New lead in the disappearance of Amy Wroe Bechtel
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Best of Wyoming
Tue September 18, 2012
Weidner Wildlife Museum – Rock Springs
The Weidner Wildlife Museum opened in September 2002 and houses nearly 125 species of wildlife collected worldwide. This fascinating display of mounted wildlife entertains and educates visitors, excites hunters and often motivates interest in the conservation of outdoor resources. The wildlife in the museum was donated to Western Wyoming Community College in Rock Springs by residents, Roger A. and Jeanne A Weidner. Education is the most important reason that the museum displays mounted wildlife. The Wildlife Museum is open on Mondays and Wednesdays from 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. and Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1 – 4 p.m., closed WWCC holidays. No admission charge.
Please visit http://www.wwcc.wy.edu/visit/wildlife.htmfor additional information.