Most Active Stories
- Pollutants detected in water wells in Sublette County’s gas fields
- New Northern Arapaho Business Council resolves to fix tribe’s poor financial management
- Wyoming may have missed the Uranium boom
- New lead in the disappearance of Amy Wroe Bechtel
- Wyoming Judicial Branch says there’s nothing left to cut.
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Mon July 26, 2004
Website Shows Casper-Minneapolis Flights Available
Minneapolis, MN – A deal to start flights from Casper to Minneapolis on Northwest Airlines appears to be complete. Negotiations between Northwest and the Casper Area Economic Development Alliance started in June and if the airline's website is any indication, an agreement has been reached. Reservations for the Casper to Minneapolis route can now be made on the Northwest website for flights after October 4th, which has been the expected start date for the service. Thomas Becker, a Northwest spokesman, says there's nothing to announce, at this point, but he says "a deal is close." You found us out was Becker's response to our discovering the flights on the Northwest website. The Casper Area Economic Development Alliance had no comment for this story, but sent out an e-mail touting "a significant economic development announcement concerning a new era of air service in Casper." That announcement will happen Tuesday morning at the Natrona County International Airport.