Most Active Stories
- Pollutants detected in water wells in Sublette County’s gas fields
- New Northern Arapaho Business Council resolves to fix tribe’s poor financial management
- Wyoming may have missed the Uranium boom
- The Wind River Casino is doing well, but some tribal members expect more
- New lead in the disappearance of Amy Wroe Bechtel
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Fri October 5, 2012
U.S. House Candidate Opposes Medicare Cuts
While Wyoming’s Congresswoman says she supports efforts by Vice Presidential candidate Paul Ryan to reform Medicare…her Democratic opponent opposes it.
Chris Henrichsen says the plan is to not provide Medicare to those who have paid into and earned that coverage and instead shift to a voucher type of program worries him.
“That we are instead gonna give them a lump sum and say go out and buy you own insurance. And I think someone who is no longer in the workforce, somebody who is in a retirement age is somebody who is not going to be treated well in a private market approach to senior medical care. So I really worry about efforts to do those types of things.”
Henrichsen says our insurance system is set up to help people until the reach Medicare and he worries that the so called reform is not well thought out.