Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Wed August 31, 2011
Today's Headlines: Irene's Aftermath; Sept. 11 Panel's Report
States from North Carolina north to New England continue to cope with the aftereffects of Hurricane Irene, as we reported earlier. The Associated Press says 2.5 million customers still don't have power and that the death toll now stands at 44 people in 13 states. Flood waters continue to be huge problems in New Jersey and states to the north.
Meanwhile, other stories making headlines include:
-- "Leaders Of 9/11 Panel Call Action Plan Unfinished." (The Wall Street Journal)
-- "Report: Up To $60 Billion Wasted In War Contracting." (CBS News)
-- "Tripoli Divided as Rebels Jostle to Fill Power Vacuum." (The New York Times)
-- "WikiLeaks Says Website Was Target Of Cyber Attack." (Reuters)