Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Wed June 8, 2005
Sherard Will Lead Department Of Health
Cheyenne, Wy – Doctor Brent Sherard is no longer interim
director of the Wyoming Department of Health.
Governor Freudenthal announced today that he has removed the "interim" from Sherard's title.
The governor says Sherard has amply demonstrated his expertise
in the field of health and his dedication to the state.
Sherard, who will retain his other role as state health officer,
says he wants to continue to press for preventative health care and
He says he will work to promote vaccinations and exercise while
advocating that people quit smoking or illegal drug use.
Sherard is a Wheatland native with degrees from the University
of Wyoming, Creighton University and Emory University.
He was named interim director of the Health Department in March
after Deb Fleming resigned.