Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Fri February 6, 2004
Sandra Day O'Connor Coming to UW
Laramie, WY – The first woman appointed to the US Supreme Court will speak at the University of Wyoming on March 16th. The speech by Justice Sandra Day O'Connor will be at the President's Society annual dinner for major university contributors. O'Connor will also join an afternoon dialogue, which will be open to members of the general public. Nominated by President Ronald Reagan, O'Connor became the Supreme Court's 102nd justice and its first female member in 1981. Former US Senator from Wyoming Alan Simpson extended the invitation for O'Connor to come to Laramie.