Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Mon August 9, 2004
Rice University Team Studies Pinedale Drilling
Laramie, WY – Some students and a professor from Rice University in Texas want to learn the truth about gas development in Sublette county. Doctor Marc Epstein and two students are doing a study on the impacts of natural gas drilling. Epstein hopes they can provide independent research to companies, the government and conservation groups to aid in decision-making. He says it's been clear from his telephone and on-site interviews that not enough information is known to make good decisions. Epstein says they are doing interviews, surveys and collecting facts about local wildlife populations. He says the results of the study will be made public sometime this Fall.