Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Mon March 29, 2004
Protection And Advocacy Concerned
Cheyenne, Wy – Protection and Advocacy is closely reviewing the suicide of a patient at the state hospital. The group sued and reached agreement with the state over State hospital issues several years ago. But some recent concerns, coupled with the recent suicide, has Protection and Advocacy Director Jeanne Thobro reopening an investigation. She says their biggest concerns surround staffing.
Thobro says she had a positive meeting with the Governor and considers litigation a last resort. State Hospital Director Pablo Hernandez says he welcomes the investigation and the opportunity to improve service to the mentally ill.