Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Thu February 22, 2007
Open Container Ban Will Finally Become Law
By Bob Beck
Cheyenne, WY – After several years and many, many votes, it appears a bill banning so-called open containers will finally become law. The house easily approved the bill during final debate on the measure. Drivers and passengers will no longer be allowed to have open containers of alcohol in vehicles. The exception will be limos or recreation vehicles with a professional driver. Senator Tony Ross says it has been a long time in coming. He says if it saves one life it will be worth it. Representative Dave Edwards says the measure has been needed on Wyoming for a long time and he hopes it takes a step toward changing a culture of drinking and driving in the state.