Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Mon January 2, 2012
Funeral planned for Chuck Townsend in Newcastle
Funeral services are planned Monday in Newcastle for former state Sen. Charles "Chuck" Townsend. He died last week after a lengthy struggle with cancer. He was 68.
Townsend, of Osage, represented Senate District No. 1 in eastern Wyoming from 2004 to 2010.
Townsend served on several legislative committees including the Appropriations Committee. Citing health reasons, he did not seek office in 2010.
Before entering the Senate, Townsend was head of his family's ranching and oil production management business. He also served on the Newcastle school board and was vice chairman of the Petroleum Association of Wyoming.