Most Active Stories
- Pollutants detected in water wells in Sublette County’s gas fields
- New Northern Arapaho Business Council resolves to fix tribe’s poor financial management
- Wyoming may have missed the Uranium boom
- New lead in the disappearance of Amy Wroe Bechtel
- Wyoming Judicial Branch says there’s nothing left to cut.
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Wed December 5, 2012
Energy Innovation Center To Open
The University of Wyoming’s long awaited Energy Innovation Center opens in January.
The 25-point-four million dollar facility features some high tech capabilities that U-W Energy School Director Mark Northam says should allow Wyoming to be a leader in energy research.
It will have links to high speed computers, such as the NCAR Supercomputer and will allow for outside research.
“The building will also have a distance collaboration laboratory that will be useful for researchers and other professionals who are working with people in other loca
tions in the United States and around the world.”
Northam says the facility will benefit researchers, students, and others involved with the energy industry.