Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Wed January 18, 2006
Community College Funding Reviewed
Laramie, Wy – The Governor wants the state to take a comprehensive look at the way it funds the seven community colleges. In his proposed budget Dave Freudenthal put in 200 thousand dollars to do the study. The state legislature's appropriations committee met today (Wednesday) and heard from the community colleges and several lawmakers expressed concern about the funding system too.
The executive director of the Community College Commission, Jim Rose, says they hear what people are saying and he agrees there needs to be improvements. Rose says the colleges have changed the funding system over the years so it has departed somewhat from the real statistical validity of the model.