Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Mon July 10, 2006
Casper Oil and Gas Training Center to Expand
Casper, WY – An expansion is planned at the McMurry
Regional Training Center in Casper.
More classroom space is planned, along with a five-thousand-square-foot addition to a shop facility.
The center operates under the auspices of the Wyoming Contractors Association and provides training in the oil and gas industry, along with a heavy equipment operator program and truck
Chris Corlis is the center's training director. He says more training in truck driving, advanced drilling and safety are expected this fall.
Corlis says the center's graduation rate has been about 84 percent and its placement rate has been 100 percent. The waiting time for enrollment is four to eight weeks.